Knaus Deseo Hubbett Umbau Elektrisch

• Hallo,

wir sind seit einem Jahr mit einem Knaus Deseo Modelljahr 2022 unterwegs. Bis auf kleinere Mängel wie z.B. der sich verbiegende Bugklappen Aussteller und die Dichtstreifen außen, die ständig stark verschmutzten sind wir sehr zufrieden.

Lediglich das Hubbett macht Schwierigkeiten. Es ist nur schwer zu bewegen. Ich habe mittlerweile die Führungen des Schlittens und ein paar andere Stellen mit Teflonspray behandelt. Jetzt knarzt es zumindest nicht mehr beim rauf und runter fahren. Dennoch ist es leider immernoch nur mit erheblichem Kraftaufwand zu bedienen. Man muss etwas spielen um zu entriegeln und dann in der Mitte drücken um es nach oben zu schieben.

Ich würde gerne auf elektrischen Antrieb umbauen.Das sollte machbar sein indem man entweder einen oder beide Gasdruckzylinder (je 700N) durch Linearantriebe ersetzt, oder von der Gegenseite einen Antrieb anflanscht. Es handelt sich um ein System mit Seilzügen von Aluline.

Meine Frage an das geschätzte Forum. Hat schon jemand einen solchen Umbau realisiert und könnte Hinweise zur Konstruktion geben ?

• Hey just seeing this topic now. Ive already replied to you in a private message.

If you would like, we can also discuss further here in this topic?

So ive done a fully electric conversion of my Deseo 2019 bed earlier this year.

Just to give an impression of parts ive designed:

Its based on a single linear actuator setup, with an electronic subsystem that also houses a solenoid for the locking mechanism. This is a fairly comprehensive system, you could also start simpler with just the actuator and a pushbutton. In that case the locking mechanism remains manually operated.

If you have questions, just ask!

Ill use google translate because my german isnt very good... ;)

• I also got a bit fancy with the control panel.

The green light pulsates slowly for a pleasing experience. I still need to modify the software to turn the lights off at night, because they illuminate the entire room.

• Here are some more pictures of the setup.

The entire system is build around a 18" 220lbs linear actuator and a custom designed electronics controller with solenoid to operate the locking mechanism.

The bed can now be lifted and lowered with a single push of the button.

Travel time ca 30 seconds.

• Yeah. E-biking is as well very funny.

Got a Specialized Turbo Levo since 5 years and since I have it the uphill is even more interesting than the downhill ☺️

I’m still impressed about your work. I’m a mechanical engineer, so mechanical stuff wouldn’t be the issue but the electronic would be a challenge for me. One of my suns have 3 3D printers and printing the connectors wouldn’t be the issue. Just didn’t thought it’s strong enough.

Please think about to sell me the electrical controller and the CAD of the printed parts. Of course as private person, I know you can’t give any warranty. I could reinvent the wheel and develop my own system but it wouldn’t be as perfect as yours.

Regards Jens

• Ah the levo, that is a popular one. Nice!

Last year i bought the Rocky Mountain Altitude PP. Climbing indeed is often more fun than going downhill :)

Just wish we had some of those mountains over here in the netherlands!

So yeah i could sell you an electronic controller and CAD files for the mounting brackets, no problem.

You would then 3D print everything (or make your own mounting solution if you like) and order the actuator and other mechanical parts (screws, bolts etc) yourself.

The actuator is a Firgelli type with the MB17 mounting bracket:

Super Duty Actuators
    Made from heavy-duty materials, our Super Duty Actuators offer quiet, tough performance with forces ranging from 220 to 450 lbs and up to 24" of stroke.
    www.firgelliauto.com

This is not one of the cheap ones. I needed one with good performance and positional feedback so that the controller can verify the position and speed of the actuator.

Also you are going to need to arrange the power for the controller. The system runs on 12V and uses up to ~60W, depending on the load of the actuator.

With the electronic system i will include the following:

- Electronic controller board with 3D printed enclosure and Solenoid, with pre-attached bowden cable

- Cable harness and 2 illuminated push type switches for the control panel

- Cable harness for the linear actuator (you will have to make some electrical connections here yourself)

- Cable harness with 2 end-switches mounted on a 3d printed bracket, ready for installation

And the 3D Cad files would consist of:

- 2 mounting brackets for the linear actuator

- Control panel

- Optionally: mounting brackets for a cable chain (to guide the power cable neatly along side the bed)

Remember this is a custom design, so if you would order from me, it will take me some time to acquire and assemble the electronic parts and cable harnesses. Something like ~2-3 weeks.

Let me know if this is something you are interested in. If so, we can negotiate a price.

• :ok:  RoelA : Amazing Job, well done! What is the additional weight of your system? Is it working with 12V or 220V?

• Thank you! :)

Im still enjoying it a lot!

The weight, im not sure, but I would guess somewhere around 5kg?
    It runs on 12V so it is possible to connect it to the existing power supply in the Deseo, or run it from a separate 12V battery.

Im still thinking of putting together a complete kit if other people are interested as well. Ive already made the installation and operating instructions for it. I wasnt sure if the design i made would fit the newer Deseo models, but according to Sosedunger it fits just fine on his 2022 Deseo.

• I recently finished the installation. Everything is running smoothly 👍🏻

Very impressive development of RoelA.

• Hello,

I would be very interested in a kit.

Would delivery be possible?

Hallo,

ich hätte großes Interesse an einem Bausatz.

Wäre eine Lieferung möglich?

• I recently finished the installation. Everything is running smoothly 👍🏻

Very impressive development of RoelA.

Hello Sosedunger,

do you have pictures from the installation?

best regards,

Henning

• Hi Domino333,

Yes, i could make you a complete kit and ship it to you. However it will take me some time to get all the parts ordered, printed and assembled. Also im currently traveling with the Deseo, and i will be back early March. Until then i cant do anything.

So if you are not in a rush, i think we could work something out?

A complete kit contains the electronics, cable assemblies, actuators, mounting brackets, mounting bolts screws and nuts, control panel, cable chain and detailed installation instructions and user guide.

Pricing we can discuss privately if you would like. I will send you a private message.

• Ok so im putting up some pictures of the Deseo Electric Bed lift kit that im currently assembling. Just so you have an idea of what is included in the kit if you are interested.

Im quite excited about the new improved controller, that is once again fully custom designed for the purpose of the Deseo Bed lift. Also thanks to Sosedunger for providing the feedback for this.

The installation manual is quite comprehensive with a lot of images. Which i hope makes it easier to understand.

Just an example page:

You can view the entire installation and user manual here:

Deseo Electric Bed Lift System - Installation User Guide REV3 v2_0.pdf

Send me a private message if you are interested.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!